There are a few things about me that you have probably already figured out. #1 I love quick and easy recipes (I have a very short attention span). #2 I love making things in the microwave (it just makes it so much easier!). I am so excited to share this recipe with you I can barely stand it!
I’ll back up a bit… A few days ago Stella decided to eat one of my plants, this darn dog eats everything! This specific plant is very poisonous and she had an extreme allergic reaction. So within 5 minutes of me getting after her for eating the plant, she swelled up like a balloon. We immediately jumped into the car and headed to the vet (this was very dramatic I was yelling at Rikard to drive faster the entire time). Thank goodness we live close to the vet because by the time we got there poor little Miss Stella had stopped breathing. So, there I am running into the vet screaming “I need help!” carrying Stella. They immediately got her on oxygen, gave her shots and saved our sweet little pup. After everything settled down, all I could think was the little girl in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Violet Beauregarde, the gum chewing champ, who blew up like a blueberry! Good thing she is cute! (Stella not Violet Beauregarde).
So needless to say, I needed some serious cooking therapy when we got home. The first thing I did was pop this into the microwave. Oh delicious caramel you fix everything!
½ Cup Butter
½ Cup Light corn syrup
½ Cup Light brown sugar
½ Cup White sugar
½ Cup Sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
½ Cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
1. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl. Stir in corn syrup, both sugars, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until sugars are dissolved.
2. Microwave on high for 3 ½ minutes. Stir.
3. Microwave on high for an additional 3 ½ minutes (soft-ball stage)
4. Stir in vanilla and nuts (if you add them)
5. Spray a dish with non stick spray. Pour into dish and refrigerate until set.
6. Cut into squares and wrap in plastic wrap. Enjoy!
Source: Bake Space