Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cucumber salad


One of my favorite parts about summertime is all the fresh produce.  I love cucumber salads, there is something so refreshing about them.  I have dill growing like crazy so I wanted to make a cucumber salad with lots of dill.  Here is what I came up with, it was so good.

Cucumber Dill Salad

Ingredients
2                      Cucumbers sliced very thin
1                      Red Onion Sliced very thin
1                      Red bell pepper sliced
1                      Yellow Bell pepper sliced
2 Tbsp               Fresh dill Chopped
½ Cup               White wine vinegar
3 Tbsp               Sugar
                        Pepper
Directions
1. Slice Cucumbers, onion, and bell peppers. Add Chopped dill.
2. In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar and pepper until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the vegetables and toss.
3. It is great served immediately or even better if you let it sit for a while.  

16 comments:

  1. Simple + fresh ingredients, love it!

    How different is Sweden to the US??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cucumbers as well...very light and refreshing salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this salad might be perfect with our turkey burgers tonight, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pickle obsessed family, they will LOVE this! And I love your blog! Now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salad looks wonderful. Easy and big on flavor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks tasty! Perfect for summer, so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great summer dish, Dawnie! Perfect for a BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone I really appreciate you support! Xoxo
    Dawnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that is a lovely salad! So bright and colorful - I bet it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and delicious cucumber salad. I love the addition of dill - I think I don't use dill enough in my food, so when I buy dill for something else, I don't know what to do with it. I'll keep this recipe in my file. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. delicious looking flavourful salad glad to follow your site

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful salad! I've been seeing tons of dill at the market, but I wasn't sure what to do with it. This is a great summer salad recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful salad! Cucmber is a favorite summer nosh around here, especially perfect for these hot August days. Love the dill, it goes perfectly with cucumber.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds lovely, light, refreshing, and healthy! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete