Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Grandma Birds Microwave Fudge



The hockey season has officially started for Rikard, so that means lots of alone time for me.  I always know when I have been alone for too long when I start talking to Stella like she is a person.  When Stella was a puppy I would dress her up in her pink little sweater, wrap her up tight in a blanket and take her to all the games.  Now, I think people would think I was a little strange if I brought in a 22lb sausage wrapped up in a pink blanket!
Oh dang! Isn't she cute? 

With Rikard being gone I have several problems…  I don’t sleep well, I’m bored, and I have no one to cook for.  So, when I can’t sleep I cook, when I am bored I cook, and I still have no one to eat all this food! Last night about midnight I remembered my sister Dena telling me about one of my Grandma Birds old recipes for microwave fudge.  The best part about this recipe is it really only took me 5 minutes! After I finished I started to think about all the lovely things I could/Should have put in it. Next time fresh raspberries are going to be in it, just thinking about it makes my mouth water!

This morning I woke up and had fudge for breakfast… What? Don’t judge me! It was delicious. 

Grandma Birds Microwave Fudge
Ingredients:

cups
½ tsp
1 tsp
1 can
2 cups

Milk Chocolate Chips
Salt
Vanilla
Sweetened Condensed Milk
Chopped nuts, candy cane, toffee, raspberries ect (optional)





Directions:
1.  Place all ingredients except nuts into microwave safe bowl.
2.  Microwave for 1 ½ minutes.
3. Stir until smooth add nuts or whatever you want in it.
4. Pour into a buttered pan and chill until firm. 



5 comments:

  1. Aww your pup is SO adorable Dawnie!! My boyfriend wants one just like her so bad :) This fudge looks incredible too! Love your blog and so glad to be a new follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't resist! I'm weak :) It's in the microwave now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, you really should get a French Bulldog they are such fun dogs! Stella is our little baby! Thanks for your support! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy, swirl some marzipan in the fudge... Oh my goodness I think I need to run to the store to buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Microwave fudge? I'll take it, sounds awesome. Your puppy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete