Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Banana Cookies

I had bananas that were getting too ripe on the counter, so I started searching for different recipes you can do with bananas.  To be honest bananas make my skin crawl, the thought of peeling a banana and biting into it makes me want to hurl! With that said… I do like banana bread in small portions.  I keep thinking that if I find the perfect recipe that I will change my mind.

Remember the candy Runts, the mixture of hard candies that are shaped like fruit?  Whenever I think about bananas that’s what pops into my head, I would spend so much time picking out the bananas.  The hardest part was finding someone to eat the bananas, no one likes the bananas! I blame Runts for my life long struggle with bananas.
Just my luck I always get the pack with like twenty extra bananas!

Ok, enough of my rants about Runts, haha! These cookies are a fun change from the banana bread and muffins I usually do.  Plus, you can’t go wrong when you cover something with frosting. 


Banana Cookies

Ingredients:

Cookie

¾ cup
¾ cup
2
Softened butter
Packed brown sugar
Mashed Bananas
1 tsp
1
1 tsp
2 cups
½ tsp
½ tsp
pinch
Frosting
2 Tbsp
3 Tbsp
2 Tbsp
1-2 cups
1 tsp
Lemon zest
Egg
Vanilla
Flour
Baking powder
Baking soda
salt

Butter
Brown sugar
Milk
Powdered sugar
Vanilla



Directions:

1.  Mix Butter and Brown sugar until creamy. Add bananas, zest, egg, and vanilla and mix.

2.  Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix

3.  Drop teaspoon size rounds 2 inches apart onto baking sheet with wax paper.  

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges start to brown.

5. Cool completely

Icing

1. In a small sauce pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add brown sugar and milk once it boils remove it from the heat.

2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. (if the icing gets too thick add a little more milk)


2 comments:

  1. Oh, these are lovely! Runts weren't really my thing. I'd go for the Nerds. Oh, Willy Wonka :-) I'm excited to read your posts, Dawnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Nerds! Its hard to find American candy here in Sweden so I have Willy Wonka cravings quite often! Thank you so much for the support!

    ReplyDelete