Monday, August 22, 2011

Coconut Mango Ice Cream


I have been seeing so many posts about ice cream lately so I have been craving it like crazy.  So I got a little creative and this is what I came up with. I have a hard time with a lot of dairy (milk) so I use coconut milk or soy milk whenever I can. We always have milk here because Rikard is one of those tall glass of milk guys… You know what I am talking about, one of those people who like to have a big glass of milk with a dessert. YUCK.  Just watching him drink his milk brings the heaves on!


I know I am weird, but milk and I have beef! Haha I love yogurt and cheese but there is something just really gross to me about milk. What? Don’t judge. I still cook with it! Ok enough of that… You are going to really like this it was so easy and so delicious. 

I don't have an ice cream maker and this was still creamy. 

Coconut Mango Ice Cream

Ingredients
1 can                Sweetened condensed milk
1 can                Coconut Milk
2 cups               Canned or frozen mangos (pureed)
Directions
1.  Mix all ingredients and pour into a freezer safe bowl. Freeze.
2.  Every 30 minutes for the first 3 hours stir the mixture. Enjoy.

Adapted from: Just One Cookbook




18 comments:

  1. Yum! I love mango ice cream and I really liked it that your paired it with coconut! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut milk does make a great substitute for heavy cream, I could just freeze and eat it by itself. Mangoes and coconut do make a tasty pairing. Thanks for sharing the recipe for this frosty treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fantastic! I love the coconut milk in place of cream and how easy this is to throw together. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I am all about fast easy recipes! I have a tendency to lose interest if it takes too long. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Mango and Coconut - what a great idea! Looks refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three of my favorite things, Mango, coconut and ice cream...Yummy. Dawnie I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mango flavored anything and this just looks delicious and refreshing. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this recipe! So simple but incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The icecream looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawnie! Greetings from California. I wanted to stop by and say "Thanks" for the add on FB. I love the intro you wrote. It gives your blog a warm context to read your recipes and stories by. Very cool. Now we can follow the American girl who went to Sweden for love and is winning the hearts of people around the world with the international language of food. Very romantic.
    Please stop by and visit my blog when you get a chance. Maybe follow, if you would like regular updates of my posts. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like really good ice cream! Btw, I feel the same way about milk--icky by itself. In the meantime, my husband and daughter can drink it by the gallon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yum! Love that it's with coconut milk. Sounds tropical. Gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks divine! never made ice cream before, how do you stir the ice cream and stir for how long? with a spoon or fork?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds delicious...anything with coconut and mango has got to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I stirred it with a spoon, but I bet a fork would fluff it up more. To be honest, I forgot about it after stirring it 3 times.... Woops! It still worked out great.
    I really appreciate all of your nice comments and support! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coconut+mango sounds like an awesome combo to me!

    ReplyDelete