I have been on a huge caramel kick the last month… HUGE! I have been making anything and everything with caramel in it. These were especially fun to make because Rikard was so excited to help make them. It’s amazing how much easier things like this are when you have someone helping you.
½ Cup Butter
½ Cup Light corn Syrup
½ Cup Light brown sugar
½ Cup White sugar
½ Cup sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp Vanilla
3 Cups Shredded coconut
2 Large bars of milk chocolate
1. Put the coconut in a glass microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until toasted.
2. Melt butter. Mix in the corn syrup, brown sugar, white sugar, and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave on high for 3 ½ minutes. Stir. Microwave for an additional 3 ½ minutes (soft ball stage). Add Vanilla
3. Stir toasted coconut into the caramel and pour into a buttered dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Microwave chocolate stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
5. Make bite size balls of the coconut caramel (I used a melon scoop). Dip into chocolate. Cool on wax paper. Sprinkle with a little coconut.
I prefer to keep them in the fridge… You might need to put a lock on the fridge to keep these bad boys for disappearing! Enjoy.