This week has been so busy! I swear, Rikard and I have run from one thing to the other. I am so excited for the weekend I can barely stand it… I have reverted back to my school days where I want to pretend I am sick so Rikard won’t make me go! I know I know I am a nerd but sometimes I just don’t want to get up and go to school. I just want to lay in bed all day and watch cartoons! Ok that was a little farfetched but you get the picture.
Last week Rikard was in Russia all week so I wanted to make him a special dinner when he got home. One of my all time favorite desserts is Tiramisu, but I have never had the courage to make it. Now that I think about that I was being so silly because it was so darn easy and honestly it was fantastic!
Also this hits way to close to home… I wanted to say all the family and friends of the people killed in the plane crash in Russia, you are in my thoughts and prayers. It truly breaks my heart for the wives, children, and family of the players, coaches and the crew. Hockey will not be the same without those amazing people! HERE is the list of all the people that were on board the plane.
6 Egg yolks
1 ¼ Cup Sugar
1 ¼ Cup Mascarpone cheese
2 Cups Whipping cream
2 (12 oz.) Packages of lady fingers
½ Cup Coffee flavored liquor
1 Tbsp Cocoa powder
1. Combine egg yolks and sugar in a double boiler on low. Stirring constantly for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and whip the yolk/sugar mixture until thick and yellow.
2. Whip the cream in a separate bowl.
3. Add the mascarpone cheese to the yolks and beat until combined it takes about 10 minutes (it makes it really fluffy)
4. Fold in the whipped cream and set aside.
5. Cut the lady fingers in half and line the bottom and sides of a large glass bowl. Brush them with the coffee liquor. (The more the better!)
6. Layer half of the cheese mixture on top of the lady fingers, then another layer of lady fingers brushed with coffee liquor, top with the remanding cheese mixture.
7. Sift cocoa powder on top and refrigerate overnight. ENJOY!